In our school social sciences are viewed as enlightening the past, present, and future and providing guidance to the solution of current and potential problems; thus, activities are planned in this regard.
We aim to enable our students to:
- embrace scientific ethics as they have access to, use, and generate information based on scientific thinking;
- adopt democratic values as lifestyle;
- build bridges developing feelings of friendship and peace instead of dividing nations, and to approach others’ beliefs and lives with tolerance;
- comprehend the basic elements and processes that make up the Turkish culture and history and to strive for the protection and development of the cultural heritage;
- be aware of their rights and responsibilities, express themselves, and be sensitive to the events taking place in the world and in their country;
- believe in the importance of participation, to put forward unique ideas for the solution of personal and social issues.
In social sciences classes:
- a variety of learning/ teaching methods and techniques are implemented to reach each student.
- learning has the priority as the development of knowledge, concepts, values, and skills is ensured.
- use of experience and interaction with the environment are enabled in the learning process.
- students are encouraged to think, ask questions, and exchange views.
- classes are visualized in order to facilitate perception and to ensure the permanence of information.
- museum activities are carried out and fieldtrips to historical sites are organized in order to recognize and protect the cultural heritage.