The objective of Turkish classes is to raise students who:
- Comprehend and interpret what they hear and see
- Express themselves verbally, in writing, and with presentations in a way suitable for the purpose
- Take on the habit of reading and enjoy it, and enrich their vocabulary by reading
- Develop a sense of aesthetics
- Learn about the local and global culture through literature
- Can criticize in a scientific way and have constructive, creative, and rational thinking skills
In Turkish class activities are carried out in connection with other disciplines and daily life. A student- centered approach is embraced in all activities. Books that are related to PYP Life Science units are chosen and read in class. Books are studied through class activities, interviews with authors, and workshops. Fairytales, fables, short stories, poetry, and memoirs are read. The texts are examined according to the characteristics of genres. Grammar rules are taught through these texts. Poem, short story, and fairytale writing exercises are done.
It is essential that our students use written, visual, and auditory resources efficiently and properly as tools for getting information. Therefore, once a week students either go to the library to read books or do information literacy activities.