The objective of Science classes is to help students become well-informed, principled, and caring world citizens who know the methods of scientific research, follow scientific developments, inquire, carry out research, communicate, think, and reflect. Grade 4 Science and Technology curriculum covers these learning areas: The Earth and the Universe, Living Beings and Life, Physical Events, Matter and its Nature. Classes are planned by taking into consideration the learning experience, level of development, and individual differences of students. Designated units of the Science and Technology subject are studied within the framework of PYP unit of inquiry.
The activities help students:
- Explore their questions and interests
- Solve problems and carry out experiments to develop concepts
- Learn about the scientific process and undergo that process
- Orient towards their interests
- Explore knowledge through open- ended questions
- Acquire new information through observation, measurement, and experiments