The objective of Mathematics classes is to help students become individuals who:
- identify and use mathematical concepts
- have sophisticated reasoning, guessing, comparison, and problem- solving skills
- can build connections within mathematics, among mathematics and other disciplines, and daily life
Grade 2 Mathematics programme covers these areas of learning: numbers, geometry, measurement, and data (statistics and probability). Classes are planned taking into consideration students’ learning experience, level of development, and individual differences.
The class activities provide students with environment where they can:
- become active mentally and physically
- express themselves verbally and in writing
- use their talents, skills, and creativity
- carry out individual or group work
- inquire about what they learn
Games and materials that help develop skills of mathematics / logic are used and exercises are done on smart board.