The objective of the Visual Arts class is to raise creative, sensitive, and self- confident students who can:
- Recognize the characteristics of lines and colors,
- Express themselves through lines and colors,
- Express themselves through art,
- Interpret works of art,
- Establish positive relationships,
- Develop skills needed to create aesthetic works of art.
In the Visual Arts class basic elements of painting are taught in Grade 1 and the progress is attained every grade-level. The Visual Arts class is a subject in which feelings and thoughts are expressed. Students express their inner worlds and the way they perceive their environment through works of art.
The topics of the Visual Arts class are studied in relation to the PYP themes.