The importance of offering the right and appropriate kind of Information Technologies (IT) training in order to raise students who can cope with 21st century in a rapidly changing world and to prepare them for the future and their roles in the globalizing world is increasing more and more each day. In today’s world each individual must master in digital literacy.
The objective of Information Technologies classes is to help students:
- Use the images and templates on the computer to do linear tasks,
- Use word processor to build sentences,
- Use the keys on the keyboard properly in terms of their functions,
- Recognize the fact that the texts on the computer can be moved and copied,
- Learn about and use internet and the options of having access to information on internet,
- Use a presentation program, preparing slides, adding information and visuals to slides,
- Use different Web 2.0 applications when needed,
- Store the information on computer appropriately.
In addition to being computer literate individuals, students are taught how to take certain safety actions while using computers and other technologies. Moreover, students recognize the health issues that may arise as a result of wrong use of computers.
The topics of the information technology subject are studied in relation to the PYP themes. Our students use the educational game programs in connection with other subjects, draw pictures, do writing activities, prepare posters and perform coding activities with games that develop their basic algorithmic thinking skills.