The objective of Mathematics classes is to help students become individuals who:
- Identify and use mathematical concepts effectively
- Have sophisticated reasoning, guessing, comparison, and problem- solving skills
- Can build connections within mathematics, among other disciplines, and between mathematics and daily life
- Have a positive attitude towards mathematics and advanced problem- solving skills
Grade 4 Mathematics programme covers these areas of learning: numbers, geometry, measurement, and data (statistics and probability). Classes are planned taking into consideration students’ learning experience, level of development, and individual differences.
The class activities provide students with environment where they can:
- Solve and formulate problems related to real life
- Develop various strategies to provide multiple solutions to problems
- Be active physically and intellectually
- Use their talents, skills, and creativity
- Become individuals who inquire, research, discuss, and defend their ideas
- Carry out individual or group work
Games and materials that help develop skills of mathematics / logic are used and exercises are done on smart board.