The objective of the Visual Arts class is to help students become creative, sensitive, and self-confident individuals who:
- Love art, and respect art and cultural values
- Have the skills necessary for aesthetic creation
- Express themselves through art
- Can interpret works of art
- Interpret visual perception
- Recognize formal relationships between a whole and a part
- Perceive the connection between place and object and express this perception visually
- Have the skill of visual- intellectual issues by developing creativity and visual expression
- Visualize abstract concepts through painting
Visual Arts class helps express feelings and thoughts. Students express their inner worlds and the way they perceive their environment through works of art.
The topics of the Visual Arts class are studied in relation to the PYP themes. Painting and Ceramics classes are done by taking turns.